If you want to preserve these hard surface floors' durability and keep them from eroding, follow the tips outlined below!
- Place walk off mats in the building.
- According to the IICRC, "Studies indicate that five feet of walk off mat will reduce 33 percent of the soil entering into a building, and 25 feet of walk off mat will reduce almost all of the soil entering a building."
- Remove spills as soon as they occur with the following items: cleaning solution specific to the type of flooring installed, a wet mop, and a bucket with a wringer. Be sure to completely dry the floor afterwards.
- Eliminate soil on a daily or routine basis by sweeping, dust mopping, vacuuming, and using microfiber cloths.
- The IICRC indicates that vacuuming is the most efficient approach to remove soil.
- Follow the aforementioned dry methods with wet ones, which include spot, damp and wet mopping, but be sure to keep the moisture levels to a minimum.
- Hire a professional and certified floor maintenance technician periodically to restore the hard surface flooring to its original state. Trained and experienced technicians, such as those employed by Restore Construction, Inc., can help you extend your floor's lifespan.
Source: IICRC (http://www.iicrc.org/consumers/care/hard-surface-cleaning/)